duminică, 10 februarie 2013

liberpelicula: TPB AFK. the pirate bay away from keyboard

TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard is a documentary film released on February 8 2013, directed by Simon Klose, based on the lives of the three founders of The Pirate Bay - Peter Sunde, Fredrik Neij and Gottfrid Svartholm.

The documentary about the founders of the Pirate Bay. Share it with the world! Support the filmmakers of this free film here tpbafk.tv



E foarte mişto documentarul, simpatic lucrat de la filmat, montaj, sunet şi scenariu. Şi povestea foarte ofertanta pentru zilele astea. Pentru că ar fi atâtea de spus şi cel mai probabil vor veni, dar până atunci Sa fie cu spor si cu libertati.



Synopsis
It’s the day before the trial starts. Fredrik packs a computer into a rusty old Volvo.
Along with his Pirate Bay co-founders, he faces $13 million in damage claims to Hollywood in a copyright infringement case. Fredrik is on his way to install a new computer in the secret server hall. This is where the world’s largest file sharing site is hidden.

When the hacker prodigy Gottfrid, the internet activist Peter and the network nerd Fredrik are found guilty, they are confronted with the reality of life offline – away from keyboard. But deep down in dark data centres, clandestine computers quietly continue to duplicate files.

Directors Statement: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard
The internet swept in one day and changed my world. The real life thriller of the Pirate Bay founders’ personal microcosmos, that played out in front of my lens between 2008-12, embodied the battle of that internet. With TPB AFK I wanted to document a historic drama beyond the copyright debate and tell a human story torn by cyberwar. I also wanted to figure out what futures my on- and offline lives were heading towards.

In 2008 I met Peter Sunde at a demonstration against a Swedish anti-terror law that gave the authorities the right to warrantlessly wiretap all Swedish telephone and internet communication. The stories Peter told me about the Pirate Bay kept me awake for days. A week later I was filming a group of artists, hackers and activists that called themselves the Pirate Bureau. They told me they had been friends for years without having met in the flesh. It was a digital community’s first offline meet up ever. Or in their words, away from keyboard. I was mesmerized by their stories.

One reason for making this film was that I couldn’t relate to the media industry’s claim that sharing files was a threat to creativity. To me, the unrestricted access to culture was the very spark in the online revolution, where every imaginable artistic expression exploded with creativity. On one hand, many of my artist friends were suffering from less sales, but on the other, the possibilities to produce, market and distribute their art had fundamentally changed for the better. I kept thinking that there must be ways to build a thriving digital economy that incorporates these new tools rather than criminalizing them.

4 years ago I couldn’t imagine that I would sync the premiere of the film with the Pirate Bay founders’ jail sentences. I hope the film raises questions about the court case, and the bigger picture of persecuting a generation of filesharers. To me it’s a legal and moral meltdown to sentence the Pirate Bay architects to a lifetime in debt.

Producing this film has been a thrilling learning process. TPB AFK was shot and cut using affordable digital cameras and editing software, it’s been partly financed with crowdfunding and promoted through social media. By adding a Creative Commons license to my copyright I want to encourage my audience to share and remix the film. I think I will find more revenue streams by making it available everywhere. The learning process is far from over.

That’s the filmmaker narrative I want to be part of, in these exciting times of creative opportunities for artists willing to use the internet to support their independence.
Simon Klose, December 2012

2 comentarii:

  1. Loss of penis sensation can be devastating – and the alarming news is that most men will experience some loss of penis feeling during the course of their lifetime. Desensitization of the penis can diminish sexual pleasure, make it difficult to achieve an orgasm, or even result in erectile dysfunction.
    Cheap LOL Boost
    Cheap LOL Elo Boost

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Such as reptilian Argonian, streamlined, hairy Khajiit, the typical and the stoic almosthuman. Every single racial history contains its very own improvements along with the racial expertise tress is always to sink into precisely what because game lover increases using the online game.You may decide much of our ESO Energy Ranking up Desire to acquire advanced persona directly.
    Teso gold
    Buy eso gold

    RăspundețiȘtergere