CATAPA is an emerging volunteer movement in Belgium. We are active in the fields of globalization (and how to change it) and sustainable development in Latin America. We focus on the mining industry by supporting farming communities endangered by multinational mining corporations. CATAPA was founded in 2005. We are about 100 young volunteers and over 1000 sympathizers strong. We offer a specific, action bound commitment for anyone who believes that another world is possible. By raising awareness, networking, research, lobbying and exchange we intend to make the mining industry as well as the consumption of metal more just for man and environment in North and South. So far CATAPA has been supporting farming communities in three countries: Guatemala, Peru and Bolivia
CATAPA stands for Comité Académico Técnico de Asesoramiento a Problemas Ambientales, literally Technical Academic Committee for Assistance in Environmental Issues. More info: www.catapa.be and www.goudeerlijk.be
We are looking for 2 volunteers from Europe who wants to work for CATAPA for one year. We prefer Dutch speaking volunteers because our campaign GOUD:EERLIJK? is focusing on the awareness of the consument/jewelers/industry and financial part in the Flanders, Belgium. The campaign will take three years, we will start in September with the second year. This is an initiative of CATAPA? Ecolife and NBV. We will prepare a campaign who is focusing on the public in the Valentine's period.
We are looking for:
- 1 Volunteer education and awarness: His/her tasks will be the educative and awareness part of the campaign by elaborating workshops, power points, development of educative programs,...
- 1 Volunteer communication. Her/His tasks will be the content and communicative aspect of this campaign. This by following the media, writing newsletters and articles, elaborating the site, making promo
The final tasks will be defined in collaboration with the candidate-volunteer.
The periods our: For the first volunteer: sept 2012-march 2013 and for the second: sept 2012-sept 2013. Small derogations our possible
None, every body who believes in a better, different world can work with Catapa.
- Openness with different cultures, willingness and flexibility to work within a dynamic team of volunteers.
- Interest and/of experience in North-South and/of ecological movement is an added value.
- Spanish or English speaking is an added value.
- Independent worker and taking initiatives.
- Background knowledge of the mining problems in the South is also an added value but not required.
This call is part of the ‘Youth in Action’ program, action 'european Volunteerswork in the European Commission. (http://www.youthinaction.nl/eCache/DEF/1/02/444.html). This means that expenses of the volunteers (accommodation, food, transport and languages courses), will be paid.
Interest or more information?
Sent your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th of July.